Commodities and futures investing is generally volatile and risky which may not be suitable for all investors. Futures may be affected by Backwardation: a market condition in which a futures price is lower in the distant delivery months than in the near delivery months. As a result, the fund may benefit because it would be selling more expensive contracts and buying less expensive ones on an ongoing basis; and Contango: A condition in which distant delivery prices for futures exceeds spot prices, often due to costs of storing and inuring the underlying commodity. Opposite of backwardation. As a result, the Fund’s total return may be lower than might otherwise be the case because it would be selling less expensive contracts and buying more expensive one.
- Commodities and futures generally are volatile, and instruments whose underlying investments include commodities and futures are not suitable for all investors.
- This material must be preceded or accompanied by a prospectus. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
- The Fund is a commodity pool regulated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- The Fund, which is an exchange-traded product (ETP), is not a mutual fund or any other type of investment company within the meaning of the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, and is not subject to regulation thereunder. An ETP refers to a financial product that is publicly trade like a bond in the stock market.
- Because the Fund will invest primarily in BITCOIN futures contracts and other derivative instruments based on the price of BITCOIN, an investment in the Fund will subject the investor to the risks of the BITCOIN market, and this could result in substantial fluctuations in the price of the Fund’s shares.
- Shares of the Fund are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”), may lose value and have no bank guarantee.
- Unlike mutual funds, the Fund generally will not distribute dividends to its shareholders. Investors may choose to use the Fund as a means of investing indirectly in bitcoin, and there are risks involved in such investments.
This material is not an offer or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any securities outside of the United States of America.
The Fund is a series of the Teucrium Commodity Trust (the "Trust"). The sponsor to the Fund is Teucrium Trading, LLC (the "Sponsor"), which receives a management fee. The Sponsor is registered as a commodity pool operator ("CPO") and a commodity trading adviser ("CTA") with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC") and is a member of the National Futures Association ("NFA"). Hashdex Asset Management Ltd. ("Hashdex") will serve as the Fund's Digital Asset Adviser and will assist the Sponsor and Marketing Agents with research and investment analysis regarding bitcoin and bitcoin markets for use in the marketing of the Fund. Hashdex will also provide the Fund with marketing services including, but not limited to, branding, the issuance of press releases, preparation of website data content, holding promotional webinars and engaging in promotional activities through social media outlets.
References to other securities is not an offer to buy or sell.
NASDAQ Crypto index.
Hashdex has no responsibility for the investment or management of the Fund's investment portfolio or for the overall performance or operation of the Fund.
For more information pertaining to the relationship of companies involved in the Fund please read the prospectus.
Foreside Fund Services LLC Distributor